What’s Hip Hop En Vogue?
“I am where the hood and high fashion meet”- Jay Z, “Jockin’ Jay Z”
Hip Hop En Vogue (HHEV) is a Ménage à trois sans taboo.
Hip Hop En Vogue works to connect the dots of high-end fashion, the culture of Hip-Hop and Art. Years back luxe fashion and Hip-Hop were polar opposites. Now the two have combined to create a space for ‘trill avant-garde’ art. We live in a unique generation where many cultural boundaries are simply non-existent. Let’s do a brief recap of the last two years alone:
- Queens-native rapper, Nicki Minaj sat front-row at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, shoulder to shoulder to Fashion deity Anna Wintour.
- A$AP Mob flew out to Beijing, China for opening of Alexander Wang’s store opening.
- Kanye West debuted two collections (Spring and Fall) during Paris Fashion Week.
- Harlem-native rapper, Azealia Banks attended the MET Gala in a custom Alexander Wang ensemble as Alexander Wang’s date.
- Armani Exchange collaborated with artist Rihanna to create a unique jean line.
- Iggy Azalea collaborating with Levis. (You heard it here first!)
- Jeremy Scott supported his trill friend A$AP Rocky at the BET Awards.
- Theophilus London performed at Rebecca Minkoff Mercedes-Benz Fashion Show and Karl Lager’s Chanel Black Jacket premiere.
Well, shall I continue? During this epic moment, Hip Hop En Vogue will work to create a creative platform to allow space for avant-garde Hip-Hop. There is space where trill life meets luxe world of runway fashion: and here we are, Hip Hop En Vogue!